1. Who were some people you’ve known in the past with weird names? Or… If you had to choose another name for yourself, what name would you choose?
2. Read Isaiah 9:6-7. Before dissecting the 4 names listed in v. 6, what stands out to you as interesting from this prophecy from Isaiah 700 BC?
3. He is to be called… Wonderful Counselor! What makes a wonderful counselor? What is profoundly wonderful about Jesus when it comes to His counsel?
4. He is to be called… Mighty God! At Christmas we celebrate the Child being born & the Son being given. Why is it easy to focus on the first part & miss the 2 nd ? What has helped you better understand the mystery of the incarnation?
5. He is to be called… Everlasting Father! Which of these terms do you most wrestle with & why? What are some applications to this truth that our Lord is personal to us & He will be that way forever & ever?
6. He is to be called… Prince of Peace! The New Testament describes Peace with God & Peace of God & Peace with others. Define each of them & discuss how they relate.
7. As you look over these 4 descriptive titles, which one would you like to experience this Christmas season? How could it help you where you are currently at?