(Intro) Do you have any memories attached to some famous royal weddings in the modern era (i.e., Charles and Diana, William and Kate, etc.)? Or perhaps in fiction (Ariel and Eric, Belle and the Beast, Cinderella and Prince Charming)? Any special emotions attached to these royal weddings? Discuss.
2. Read Psalm 45:1-2. Why is it important to know that God is not only noble, but is so humble that I gain his attention?
3. Read Psalm 45:3-7. How does God rule? Note v. 7 specifically and how that describes Jesus’ incarnation. How does His incarnation tie into what kind of ruler God is? How do you want to celebrate how God rules with Jesus’ incarnation this Christmas in 2016?
4. Read Psalm 45:8-15. How do you see how wealthy God is in the verses you just read? Do you really believe that God is tremendously wealthy because He owns everything? Do you really believe that you have a great inheritance coming your way?
5. Read Psalm 45:16-17. What does it mean to you that you are a part of God’s legacy as his sons and daughters? How should you live?
6. How do you get it into your heart that God does love you, and that He has your back? Does it matter that He is a King?
Leave a Reply