1. (Intro) Growing up, what were your family’s Thanksgivings traditions?
How do you celebrate it today?
2. Discuss the following statements… Memory is both bitter and sweet.
Memory is a big part of gratitude.
3. Read Psalm 92:1-2. Why is it good to give thanks to the Lord? In what ways has giving thanks caused you to look upwards?
4. Read vs 4-15. Here David reflects on God’s activity on his behalf. What might David be speaking of? What happens when we fail to appreciate or reflect on God’s activity around us?
5. When do you remember being overwhelmed with gratitude? What were the circumstances?
6. Giving thanks cause us to look around us. In the New Testament, Paul’s letters are peppered with prayers of thanksgiving for people. Who are some people that you are thankful for this year?
7. Giving thanks can cause us to look at our own souls and see growth and change. Looking back over 2016, what are some areas of growth for which you can thank God for?
Leave a Reply