1. The surprise from Sunday’s opening video with that the family undergoing such tension was that they were actually on their way to church. Why is it so easy to act one way in front of people, but another way at home?
2. Discuss what the trigger points look like when a frustration is about to escalate into a full blown argument. What is building… how can the direction be altered?
3. Read Colossians 3:12-13. What does this say about our relationship to the Lord and to each other?
4. For each “When” listed below, discuss what each “In myself” and “But in Christ” looks like. For example… When I’m fearful of the future. In myself I’m consumed with worry and assume the worst. But in Christ… because God has adopted me as His child, I can trust Him to care for me.
a. When my children disappoint me… /In myself… /But in Christ…
b. When I think about a difficult relationship… /In myself… /But in Christ…
5. Read the parable of the Unmerciful Servant in Matt. 18:21-33. What is Jesus main point? How should our relationships get easier as the gospel grows bigger in our hearts?
6. Discuss how the gospel has changed you.
Leave a Reply