A Late Night Proposal
1. When have you seen or heard of an unusual marriage proposal? If you are married, tell us about your own proposal.
2. Near the end of the Barley season, Naomi comes up with a bold plan. Read Ruth 3:1-4. When is proactive planning a good thing and when can it get us in trouble? What do you like about Naomi’s plan?
3. Read vs 5-9. Basically, Ruth is expressing her desire that Boaz utilize the laws of the day to take her as his wife. What is going through Ruth’s mind at this point?
4. Read vs 10-13. From these verses, what do we learn about the way Boaz sees Ruth?
5. Read vs 14-18. What else do we learn about Boaz here? How is he “scoring points” with both Ruth and Naomi?
6. Read Ephesians 2:13 & 19. Discuss ways in which Jesus is the Ultimate Redeemer. Briefly tell your story on how you were once “an outsider” to God, but now you’ve been brought into God’s Family as one of His own.
When and how did this happen for you?
Leave a Reply