1. Warm Up: As a kid, when do you remember feeling guilty for something you did?
2. Read 2 Samuel 11:1-15. What are your initial reactions to David’s sin & his cover up plan? Where was his thinking in error?
3. Read 2 Samuel 12:1-10. What are some thing we can learn from this interaction between David & Nathan?
4. Psalm 51 is David’s confessional response to the above events. Read vs 1-7. What is David saying here? How does this differ from typical confessions?
5. Read vs 8-12. What truths can we learn about genuine confession from these verses?
6. Read vs 16-17. What does this say about repentance? What are some possible applications?
7. The Bible shows both God’s dislike of personal sin & His love for sinners. How do we balance those truths? How can we model these truths?
Leave a Reply