Boaz & Barefoot Bob – Ruth Ch.4
Small Group Questions – Week of March 5, 2017
1. (Intro) What are some favorite memories of walking barefoot?
2. Read Ch.4:1-8. How does Boaz “play his cards” wisely? What do you like about how he presented his case?
3. Boaz does everything proper, following the legal procedures of the day. When is it good to follow the letter of the law and when might it be OK to cut corners? Discuss.
4. Read vs 9-10. How do you think Boaz said these words? If you were a town leader and knowing Boaz as an outstanding citizen of your town, what might you be thinking at this point?
5. Read vs 11-13. The town leaders give their enthusiastic blessings and v.13 ends with the birth of a son who becomes an important link in the genealogical record (vs 14-22).
From these verses, what can we learn about God’s sovereign plans and the small parts we play in course of life?
6. In this chapter, we find many celebrating with Ruth and Boaz. Do you think it is easier to weep with those who weep, or easier to rejoice with those who rejoice? How can we get better entering into others gladness?